Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lonely

Every morning the birds chirp to wake me up, but they won't give me company or share my coffee;
Nobody cares to return a genuine smile:  neither strangers nor the acquainted;
Everybody is running: but with no destination;
And then,
Every afternoon the sun shines, I work my way through it ignoring or being ignored comfortably;
Every evening I listen to music and dance around, watch a comedy show and laugh aloud and then it reverberates, crushing my mood then and there;
Jokes are forgotten and stories are left unsaid, gossips have expired with no one to share;
Its a gleaming city, vast and wide; with disconnected people, lost in stride;
Then come the weekends which stretch with boredom,
the heart aches for love and freedom;
A friend in need is a friend indeed;
but finding a friend here, is it so much of a greed?

And then it dawns that if I were so, so are others; each one picking up their lost feathers.
I dream of a day where we could just hop, jump and skip; if only we could just go on a serene trip;
Work is worship and time is money; but where is the point of bees living without honey?
I wish I were a carefree kid, now and forever. But caring and sharing weave themselves into the living.
We feel the pinch but don't realise that if we smile, it would all disappear;
If we laugh together once in a while, it would all be forgotten;
Love,live and respect.
We then don't need to live in retrospect.


7 comments:

  1. Loved it :) amazingly penned down !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice..i hope, you get a good friend very very soon. i know what its like to be ''alone''.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. :) :D

      I have loads of lovely friends, but most of them are far and lonely at their own places :(
      Life just goes on, doesn't it?

      Delete
    2. yes it does, in order to break my solitude,I tried picking up extra hobbies, reading, writing, then came blogging, trying to read as many blogs as in indiblogger, cooking but atleast once in a day, the mind drifts to thoughts which pokes in my mind reminding you are alone.

      I am in a new place and have less friends which makes life little tough.

      Delete