Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Grandpa


There he was,teasing me every time I made a silly mistake.
He was always around to pull my sister's legs.
He was an ocean of sporting knowledge: be it cricket, football, tennis or anything in the world.
He was my first Mathematics teacher.
He helped me with the most critical times of my life : admissions, decisions and all...
He took immense pride in me and my achievements, however trivial....
He held my head when my ears were pierced as a child,his shoulder was my pillow and his words my command....
He had a funny way of expressing love, like all men; he never admitted his love but showed immense care...
I love him and would miss him dearly...Now,I am left with memories of long hours of playing non-stop Monopoly with him, his smiling face and his endearing personality and so much more,
My grandpa has lived his life, a full circle of struggle and success, of sorrow and surprise, of joy and jest......

This poem is for him.......

As tear drops silently trickle they wipe off the scars of unsaid words and unexpressed love,
The light wind and the bright azure sky brings with it a message of love and care,
Unveiling the flavours of a life, lived upto its brim and with only joy to share,
You lie there and right here in my heart as a part of my existence,
Those evenings of pleasant rendevous and chess matches,
Those afternoons of heavy lunch and non-stop games,
Those early morning walks in the company of birds, 
You have given me those and many more,
To you and to all those who love me I truly belong and through me you shall live long.......

4 comments: