Thursday, October 13, 2011

When it rains here!!!

A wet view of the hostel I stayed last year
This is where I live  now :P


When I was young I never missed rain, it used to rain heavily at least for 3 months per year in Mumbai.
But today, when I think of the beautiful memories associated with the rainy season I can't stop smiling...
Wearing sloppy rainy chappals to school was                         considered trendy..We used check out rainy season footwear at Bata every year before school began in June and the process was always exciting :)...


I and my sister used to run wearing raincoats, shouting behind the school  bus cause we were always late :P
A hot cup of coffee in the rain is an eternal bliss....
The smell of wet mud reminds us of nature's sensuous presence !
Sometimes when the rain stops it appears to be more silent than usual, I always miss the sound of rain splashing over my windows...
 
Yeah, U guessed it right! Raindrops :)


Bliss

Plants and trees look fresher and younger in rain.... Infact everybody looks beautiful in rain, even your grandma ;)

And these pics are a part of my rainy hostel life...It is sad that we can't capture the beautiful breeze in pics :)

 Solitude


Raindrops were round and I never knew it till I captured them in this pic :P !!










Finally a poem on rain:
(pardon me if its silly though :P)

When it rains,
nothing restrains,
nothing pains,
and everything entertains,
this is how life sustains,
wit beauty and food grains :)

4 comments: